top of page
blankenfeldes-muiza-zemgale-48722261.jpeg

HISTORY OF THE MANOR

  • It is known that during the state of the Livonian Order in 1462, the von Medem family acquired private land in the territory of the Mitava Commandery between the rivers Svēte and Platone, from the year 1495 the land was included in the territory of the Land Marshal of the Livonian Order. The territory of Blankenfelde was also a part of this land. The Medem family owned the estate of Blankenfelde for three centuries.

  • The first mention of Blankenfelde manor was recorded during the Duchy of Courland and Semigallia, when from 1689 to 1701 the owner of the manor was Ernst von Medem. It is believed that at that time there was a wooden manor in the place of the current Manor house, but no evidence has survived.

  • In 1742, the current Blankenfelde manor complex was built under the leadership of Ernst Johann von Butlar. The first owners of the manor were the families of barons Manteifel - Scega.

  • The von Königfels family became the next owners. In 1804 and 1805, King Louis XVIII of France visited the manor with his entourage.

  • In 1891, the manor came into the possession of the von Hahn family. It was one of 7 other manors owned by the von Han family. During this time Blankenfelde saw a rapid development in agriculture.

  • In 1921, the manor was expropriated from baron von Hahn and reassigned to the Jelgava County Board.

  • In 1925 a nursing home "Saulītes" was set up in the manor, but after the Second World War and until 1976 it was used as a home for the disabled. During this time, a second floor was built and several other reconstructions were carried out.

  • ​After the collapse of the USSR, the great-granddaughter of the von Hahn family Adina von Bernewitz repurchased Blankenfelde manor from the state with the intention of restoring it.

  • In 2007, Blankenfelde manor's three residential buildings, eight auxiliary buildings and three land units with the total area of more than 30 hectares were purchased by SIA "JVB", which was partially owned by the former Chairman of the Board of "Grindex" Valdis Jākobsons. He renovated the buildings, set up a guest house and produced products from elder trees, apples and cucumbers.

  • In January of 2020, the real estate of Blankenfelde Manor was put up for auction and purchased by our family, which is currently continuing to develop Blankenfelde as a historical tourist attraction and recreational complex.

Address

Blankenfelde manor, Vilce parish, Jelgava county LV-3026

Contact us

+371 26490272 Sanita

+371 29445426 Anna

Working hours

Please apply in advance!

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
bottom of page